Thursday, March 10, 2011

Converting Android java code to BlackBerry

So far it looks like mission impossible

First we need to downgrade language level from 1.6 to 1.3. In this how-to instruction you need to cry after this :)

I need to convert:
  • UI layer
  • Business Logic
  • SOAP calls
Let's look closer and see what we can do.
We can forget about UI unless I'll be able to find a way to parse Android's layout XMLs and generate something in runtime.

For now I prefer to plan generate sources for BlackBerry, Android and iPhone. So it will be old good Metaprogramming. I like this idea but rough estimation and debugging process is very frightening.




1 comment:

  1. This is very interesting, it turns out that there are java games on my Android can be converted to a blackberry.

    ReplyDelete