Sunday, March 6, 2011

Development environment. The final.

It was bad. Really bad!

I spend too much time trying to make everything work for me!

First I was going to use IDE from RIM. But it works only with devices. And debugging on devices is too painful.

I found great post form developers with similar issue. I also like to use IntelliJ.

I did all steps from post.

Killing moment for me was to restart simulator each time I have new binaries.

So my current solution is:
  • I do all coding in IntelliJ on mac;
  • folder with sources is shared with virtual windows machine;
  • I run and debug code in Eclipse on Windows inside Virtual machine;
  • It sounds horrible but using Unity mode of VM Ware is better then nothing (in my case using only Eclipse)
  • I even got windows keyboard to not switch my mind in Mac's
So far it looks good until I make a mistake and my application crashes inside simulator....





No comments:

Post a Comment